In just 50 short days I’m turning the BIG 30.
The past year has been abundant and full to the brim.
I’ve experienced the wonders of China, turned 29 on the beaches of Thailand and spent the day with Elephants. I’ve eaten the most delicious street food in Malaysia, made life long friends in Bali, and fell in love with the cities and villages of England (as well as my hunky English beau).
Before stepping on the plane to China in February, I had never been outside of the US and a few months later I had flown a complete circle around the earth.
For years, I’ve said that what I wanted most in life was to travel, now that dream has become a reality and I’ve realized that achieving BIG goals is fantastic, but sometimes it’s the small feats in life that bring the most enjoyment.
UPDATE!! I didn’t make it through as many of these as I had hoped, but in accordance with #28 I’m not taking it too seriously, these are all great things I’m happy to experience in my 30′s as well!
Here’s how I’ll be celebrating the last days of my 20′s…
1. Redesign and launch my website
2. Spend the weekend in Paris
I had a ticket, but decided it was a little too much stress to go… I’ll go in the Spring when it’s warm!
Create a watercolor paintingI made a great “mmm… bread” painting for Alex’s dad. There can never be enough bread in the Linsley home!
4. Design a font
5. Write letters to my grandparents
6. Take a blues dancing class
Go on a romantic dinner date with Alex
Set up a photo shoot with my favorite photographer
9. Create videos for my home page and services page
10. Create a playlist on designers.mx
11. Finish my Right Brain Business Plan
Clean out my closet AKA suitcase
Try one of those fancy nail art tricksStripes!!
Clean out the inbox on my computer and email
Book my design schedule out 5 months ahead
Buy an iPad mini
17. Write an ebook on freelancing while traveling with Alex
18. Design 3 creativity coaching worksheets
19. Create 5 stock web designs to sell in my shop
20. Design 3 posters to sell in my shop
21. Create 5 printable items for blog posts
22. Design 5 custom repeating patterns
23. Make a collection of my favorite color schemes
24. Bind a book
25. Meditate 5 days in a row
Book a stylist session with Claire Redmer
27. Crochet a granny square
Take things less seriouslyA work in progress, but it’s happening!
Plan the most amazing Pin Up Birthday Party a girl (and her best friend) could dream ofIt truly was the most amazing Pin Up Birthday Party!!
Fly back to the US and reunite with my amazing friends in Boulder
… and one to grow on …
31. Create a cookbook of my favorite English recipes
Time to get started! I’ll be letting you know how it goes